- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3/4 cup German or Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (about 4 pounds)
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 16 pretzel hamburger buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, whisk together beer and 1/2 cup mustard. Stir in pepper. Add ham and rosemary. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 7-9 hours.
- Remove ham; cool slightly. Discard rosemary sprigs. Skim fat. When ham is cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks. Discard bone. Return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Using tongs, place shredded ham on pretzel buns; top with remaining mustard and, if desired, dill pickle slices.
Can you freeze Beer-Braised Pulled Ham?
Freeze cooled ham mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently; add water if necessary.
Test Kitchen tips
1 sandwich: 378 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1246mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.